When your girlfriend asks you to help model her new swimwear range – how can you refuse?? Her swimwear line is called Aurein Swim and the range is superb! I’ve been wearing mine pretty much every week this summer to take my girls swimming and it’s the perfect swimwear for poolside modesty, whilst also looking very stylish. Made from quality Italian UPF 50+ (ultraviolet protection factor) fabric, it also holds and contours you in in all the right places. Basically it’s a win-win for all women-kind and I haven’t even mentioned the best part, these ultra flattering swimsuits come with their own mini-me version- for the girls! The style I’ve chosen is called Diana and it comes with a separate top and bottom, the girls’ version is similar in one piece but features the same thicker straps and side ruching with bows – just like the mummy version.
Given Sydney’s turn of gloomy grey skies and rain, I’ve been dreaming of this past summer’s poolside fun. Last month, I took my girls (in our Aurein swimwear of course) to my girlfriend’s place for a mini pool party. We thought we would make it fun for the kids and us, by making it a tutti-fruity food theme (if you follow our Pretty Creations instagram, you know how much I LOVE watermelon). I own quite a bit of ‘fruit-themed’ items already so it really wasn’t that hard to bring the concept to life. And who doesn’t love fruit??
Cocktails by the pool. These ones are sparkling melon sangria, click here for the recipe.
A twist on the old fruit salad – I cubed rockmelon, honeydew, kiwi and watermelon and added fun Daiso animal picks so the kids could eat it easily.
Poolside hangs with Lily and Leo
Lily and I in our matching ‘Diana’ Aurein Swim. I love the side ruching and bows (available in two colours).
You can purchase Aurein Swim via the official website with free international shipping and 20% off with offer code: ANGELA2017
I have to share this photo of the girls in their matching swimmers, Taylor was asleep for most of the afternoon so we didn’t get any photos of her that day but she loves her cossie too.
Here’s looking to sunnier weather and endless Summers…
Fruitify your next pool party with these tutti fruity favs:
- Sunnylife Pineapple Ping Pong set
- Watermelon party set, shop this one from Cotton On
- Fruit galland, shop this from Kmart (and so cheap too!)
- DIY fruit balloons via Studio DIY. There’s also a really cute post on DIY watermelon sunhat
- Pineapple flower vase – make sure you save the insides for BBQ pineapple prawn skewers, pineapple salsa or pineapple fruit salad (anything pineapple really!)
- Watermelon round towel from Cotton On and Seed baby pineapple towel (Taylor not for sale ; ))
- Sunnylife Cocktail Kit – so cute! Comes with everything you need to make a cocktail or two (or six).
- Sunnylife baby watermelon float and banana float
- Soludos watermelon espadrilles – these are my absolutely favourite shoes at the moment!